Monday, April 12, 2004

I was very happy to finally get my "Carte de légitimation" a few days ago. I'm not sure exactly what it means, but it looks like an ID card and I've been told that in Switzerland it's better than a passport, especially when crossing borders and being questioned by Swiss border guards as to why we have American plates on our car (see previous postings for more information). Kirk and I each have one because of Kirk's employment here in Basel. I like that fact that it's all written in French, even though the majority of Swiss speak German. I guess French is the official diplomatic language. But my favorite thing about my new "Carte de légitimation" is the section titled "Titre/Fonction". According to this new ID card, my function is "spouse of Kirk". Ahh yes... to be a spouse...