Sunday, May 01, 2005

Kinder, gentler

Since my last couple of posts were a bit snarky, let me try to be nicer for a minute:

  • This has to be one of the most walkable cities anywhere...the canals and the houses lining them are beautiful, plus it's completely flat, so if you wanted to you could have a great day just walking around aimlessly.

  • There are few things more humbling than speaking to someone Dutch and realising that their English is probably better than yours. Not to mention their French, German, Italian, Spanish, etc.

  • I always think of New York and London as being the most diverse cities in the world, but I'm wondering if Amsterdam shouldn't be up there as well.

  • As much as I complain about overdoing it in the sun, it sure beats the hell out of all the rain we've been getting. So I hereby rescind my complaints in that regard.