Thursday, June 23, 2005

This should be interesting...

We're trying something new and exciting this weekend. Actually, I should more appropriately classify it as daring and perhaps a bit crazy. We're going to spend a night in a hotel... with Grady! We really want to go see the cows climb up the mountain on Saturday, but they start at 5:15 AM (!!) and supposedly the whole thing is over in a couple hours, and the drive down there from Basel would take a couple hours, which means we would have to leave our house at 3:00 AM to get there on time. It would be like Fasnacht all over again! So, at Kirk's wise suggestion, I booked a room for tomorrow night at a hotel in Adelboden (the town at the base of the cow-climb) that allows dogs. Hopefully they won't change their mind when they meet Grady and all of his lebendig-ness (one time the woman at Grady's kennel described him as "lebendig", which means lively, and I love that word now). We stayed at a hotel with him just once before, several years ago during a DC to Wisconsin drive. I think we stayed in some cheap place (the only kind that allow dogs in the US) in Indiana somewhere, and it was probably one of the worst night's sleep I've ever had. He could never get settled and kept bugging me all night. This time, I don't think it will make much difference considering we'll be getting up before the crack of dawn anyway!