Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Back to the homeland

My bags are packed and I'm all set to head out to Wisconsin tomorrow. Actually, I only have one bag packed, plus an extra empty duffle bag stuffed inside my suitcase which will be filled with all the goodies I plan to buy during my stay in Wisconsin! I'm really looking forward to seeing my sister and her family, plus a few of my very closest friends who live in Wisconsin. I've been told that my niece, Natalie, has been asking my sister several times a day about my arrival. "What time does Gretchen get here on Wednesday? Which airport are we going to to pick her up?" Ah, yes, it's good to be loved and missed. As much as I'm excited for this trip, I always get a little melancholy before leaving, knowing how much I'll miss Kirk and Grady. I have no doubt that Kirk will enjoy some quiet time in his bachelor pad over the next couple weeks, although I know he's sure to miss me within a few days after having to cook dinner for himself every night and having to take Grady for those early morning walks! Now it's time for me to get to bed, considering I have to be up at 5:30 AM to catch an early morning train to Zurich, where I'll catch my flight back to the US. I'll return on March 7, just in time for Fasnacht!