Tuesday, March 07, 2006

It's good to be home

It was a long day of travel, and the tights from hell once again lived up to their reputation, but I made it back to Basel this morning. Kirk even met me at the Zurich airport at 8:00 AM (he had to get up early to catch that 6:30 AM train!) so that I didn't have to carry all my heavy bags by myself. I guess that's one of the advantages of pregnancy... I get help with my luggage!

After a walk through the snow with Grady, a hot shower, some lunch, and a short nap, I met Kirk downtown this afternoon to enjoy the Fasnacht festivities! Today was "kids day", which appears to mean that lots of little kids get dressed up in costume. Otherwise it seems like all the other days of Fasnacht with confetti, music, and parades going in every direction. I'll post pictures later.

The snow is incredible! It was a beautiful and sunny day, but yet only a bit of it seems to have melted. It's still quite a mess, especially when you're walking a dog who can't seem to find a place to poop...