Saturday, October 21, 2006

A place I'd rather not be

I'm kicking myself for not taking a picture of this, but it was a little dark and, frankly, it would have been an odd place to take a picture, but at one point I ducked into a public restroom in Beijing and above every urinal there was an advertisement for the "Dong Da Hospital for Anus and Intestine Disease" (evidently their target demographic favors public restrooms). I was afraid I wouldn't be able to find anything on the web about it, but through the miracle of Google I found one of the actual ads--and it's even my favorite, the one with the chicks hatching. WTF?!?

[FOLLOW-UP: Gretchen pointed out that the title of the photo includes "foreskin", which can be explained by the site where I found the picture (although it still doesn't explain what an anus and intestine hospital has to do with foreskins)...]