Monday, January 08, 2007

Zizou

Do you ever get one of those pre-zits? You know, where you don't have a full-blown pimple (yet), but instead you have kind of a vague reddish bump that really hurts when you touch it so you know it's likely to become a monster zit? Well, I've got one of those now--right in the middle of my forehead. Call me Cyclops.

Now, a quick digression. One of our many nicknames for Baby is "Zizou". (Pop culture reference: Zizou is the popular nickname for world-famous French footballer Zinedine Zidane). See, Baby was born during the World Cup, around the time of Zidane's infamous head-butt of an obnoxious Italian footballer. Anyway, the reason we call her Zizou isn't because of her football skills (which we're certain exist but remain untapped while she tries to first figure out how to roll over), but rather because she has a tendency to head-butt whomever is carrying her.

Maybe you can guess where I'm going with this. Tonight when I got home from work I was holding Baby before bedtime, and sure enough she gave me a head-butt...directly onto my painful Cyclops forehead pre-zit. Pain immediately radiated around the entire top of my head, but it's not like I could get mad at her for it or anything. Meanwhile, by tomorrow I expect this thing that is slowly emerging on my forehead will begin to frighten small children and old ladies...