Thursday, April 26, 2007

More stuff

Some more disjointed thoughts...

Forget what I said about turning on the air conditioning--not only did we have to turn the A/C off today, we actually had to turn the heat back on.

Evidently children's books are getting very progressive these days, because I was reading a book to Baby tonight and one of the questions it posed was "Is Maisy in the closet?"

I work in a part of town that is rich with sights (right near the Mall) but with minimal dining options. So I've been pleasantly surprised in the past week or to discover not only a Starbucks a few blocks away, but also a Dunkin Donuts. It had really been years since I had eaten doughnuts, but after finding Dunkin Donuts (or "the Double D" as we started to call it) in Berlin, I remembered how much I used to like them. It's probably good that this particular "Double D" is far enough away that I won't go regularly, because doughnuts may be the least healthy food on the planet.

After learning to clap earlier this week, today Baby also learned how to wave. At this pace we figure she should be ready for introductory calculus by the end of the year.

I certainly don't endorse vandalism in any way, but I thought this was a clever piece of work on a local road sign I passed this afternoon:



Since the last couple of pictures I've posted of Baby have perhaps not shown her best side, I figure I owe it to her to post something cuter: