Thursday, February 28, 2008

Mexican BlackBerry Blogging

Things that suck when you still have a cold and haven't regained your voice:

--Being in an arid city at roughly 7,000 feet in altitude during the peak pollution season;

--Having people at an international meeting think you sound like a pubescent Scooby Doo (no one actually said this, of course, unless it was in Spanish and I didn't catch it, but I could tell they were thinking it);

--Having to miss the group dinner that promised to feature mariachis and tequila;

--Eating alone instead in the hotel restaurant, which is playing (loudly) gems by Barry Manilow, Neil Diamond, Johnny Mathis, Tony Bennett, etc. I swear to God, not long ago they actually played "Winter Wonderland" (artist unknown).

--Being assigned a smoking room, which I was thankfully able to change after one night.

On the plus side, the tortilla soup I just had may have been just what the doctor ordered...