Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Did I really just do that?

I'll admit that I've done a lot of stupid things in my life, but this one takes the cake.

Yesterday, while picking up a preschool application at a local church (one that we've been attending with no regularity), I backed into the Pastor's car. And it made a dent in his car. Not mine, just his.

I've always been known as a distracted driver. I commented to Kirk yesterday that it's somewhat amazing I haven't gotten into any accidents, just slow moving "bumps". Who could forget the damage I did just over a year ago when I backed into Kirk's Mom's mailbox.

At least one of our blog readers will remember the time I drove into the Dairy Queen back in my teen years. I guess I just got distracted by all those cute boys inside (the high school football team had just finished practice and were cooling off at DQ). Oh, the adventures and embarrassing moments just continue on...

The silver lining of yesterday's event is that I had a really nice chat with the Pastor about joining the church (assuming I finally feel ready to leave our current church which we haven't attended in over a year) and having Madchen FINALLY baptized there. Perhaps it was some sort of divine intervention that I managed to back into his car?!