Monday, May 10, 2004

OK, I know I said I'd ease up on the Grady stories, but just one more (what do you expect--he's my sole companion these days!). On our Saturday morning walk we went past the neighborhood bakery. I tied his leash outside (it's quite common for stores here to have attachments to the wall where you can leave your dog) and went in to buy some bread. I was at the counter when all of a sudden there was a "WHOOMP!" and there was Grady, who had jumped up and was pressing his face against the window to see what was happening. He ducked back down and I apologised and all of a sudden "WHOOMP!" there he was again--just this dopey black lab face staring in. Luckily the people were very nice about it (at least I think they were nice about it--I didn't understand a word they said, but they smiled and gave me a cookie for him).