Thursday, June 03, 2004

Copyright infringement?

After noting the other day that two versions of the same song are in the top 10, I picked up one of the local papers yesterday and, sure enough, there was an article about that very same thing. Below is the translation of an interview with the lead singer of Haiducii, who is evidently former Miss Bucharest, and whose name translates from German as "with revenge". Near as I can tell, the song is actually Romanian--no wonder I don't understand it--and O-Zone are actually Moldovan. See the sort of intellectually stimulating things you learn when you live overseas (or read the blogs of those who do)?

Haiducii & O-zone in the Top 4

With its summer hit 2004, «Dragostea din Tei», belays Miss Bucharest Paula with revenge (27) and its music project Haiducii rank of 3 the Swiss Singlecharts. A place behind it storms now also the original version of the moldovanischen Popgruppe O-zone the hit parade.

Paula, that singed storms your chirped-project Haiducii throughout Europe the Charts and pulls now suddenly also the original from O-zone to.

Paula with revenge: yes, I knows. That does not disturb me however generally, in the opposite. I find the one very pretty story.

What does the name Haiducii and the Songtitel mean actually «Dragostea din Tei»?

With revenge: a traditional Romanian figure, a type Robin Hood is Haiducii. And the title of the song means: dear make under a linden trees tree.

Were you astonished singe over the success the? Nevertheless understands outside of Rumania hardly a the text.

With revenge: yes, and like! It is the first time generally that a Romanian Popsong was confessed over the boundary of the country out.

What do you make now with this success? Will there be soon new of Haiducii?

With revenge: in Italy where I live, appeared just my second Single. Moreover I work just at an album. On that I become Romanian, Italian and English sing. It becomes first in Italy and then in other European countries appear.

Can one also live see you?

With revenge: I go this summer on tour through the large cities of Europe.