Monday, May 31, 2004

Two versions and I still don't know what they're saying

This has been one of those weekends where I've had MTV on in the background quite a bit and I've been confused because I keep hearing the same song over and over again, but by two different artists. It's called "Dragostea Din Tei", and a little sleuthing on MTV's website revealed that two different versions of the same song--one by Haiducii and the other by O-Zone--are in the top 10 in both Germany and Switzerland. It's very Euro and quite catchy--I wouldn't be surprised to hear it at the Bulgarian bar in NYC.

(Then, to further complicate matters--not to mention raise the quality of intelligent discourse--there are also two versions of "F**k It", the original by Eamon and what is evidently a response by Frankee, whom I can only assume is his ex. And no, neither version gets bleeped out.)