Sunday, August 15, 2004

What the kids are listening to these days

The latest Top 10 from Radio Basel 1, most of which I don't think I actually know:
(1) Alcazar - This Is The World We Live In [a really bad techno-pop reworking of Genesis' "Land of Confusion"]
(2) Maroon 5 - This Love
(3) Die Fantastischen Vier - Troy
(4) Hoobastank - The Reason [I'm telling you, hearing a French DJ say "Hoobastank" is about as good as it gets]
(5) Kelis - Trick Me
(6) JoJo - Leave (Get Out) [Is anyone else a little disturbed by this whole JoJo phenomenon? I mean, I understand Britney Spears was also underage when she was doing her whole sexy nymphet thing, but at least she was almost 18 at the time. Isn't JoJo like 13 or 14? That's just kind of creepy. Or maybe I'm getting old and cranky. Or all of the above.]
(7) Dante Thomas - Get It On
(8) Uncle Kracker - Rescue
(9) Shifty - Slide Along Side
(10) Baschi - Diis Lied