Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Hola from Madrid

We are having a wonderful time in Madrid. Kirk is working hard at his conference, and I am playing hard. What an amazing city. It has a great energy and I am enjoying exploring the city. On Saturday our friends who live in Madrid took us on a day trip to Segovia, and yesterday I joined the "accomanying persons" on an excursion to Toledo (we´re not just spouses). We´ve eaten so much good food (tapas, of course) and also enjoyed lots of good wine. The weather has been perfect as well, sunny and in the mid-80s with no humidity. Tonight after a dinner at the Bank of Spain we will be going to a Zarzuela performance (hosted by the conference). I´ve heard it´s something like Spanish opera, but I´m not sure. Regardless, I´m sure it will be incredible. It seems that the Spanish really know how to have a good time!