Wednesday, September 01, 2004

How much does that cost?

I was thrilled to find Coca-Cola Light in cans today in a "Fridge Pack" with 10 cans. Most of the time it seems the grocery stores only sell it in plastic bottles. There are basically only 2 types of grocery stores in Basel, Coop and Migros, but they are literally all over the city. It seems like every time I turn around I find a new store and I often shop at different stores just to see which one I like best. This afternoon I stopped at a Coop that's in the basement of a major downtown department store called EPA. I was already downtown having coffee and a schoggiweggli with a woman who just moved here from New Zealand so it was convenient to shop there today. If I can get over the sticker shock of a 10-pack of small cans costing 8.50 francs (about $6) then perhaps I'll become a regular!