Saturday, September 11, 2004

We're home

We had a great trip to Hong Kong (I had been once before, but it was Gretchen's first time). It's really a fascinating city--simultaneously very Chinese and very Western, and both ultra-modern and traditional at the same time. I've never seen so many skyscrapers in my life (and I lived in New York), which is especially amazing when you see how hilly the terrain is. And, as we mentioned earlier, we ate incredibly well. Even the work part of the trip--my reason for going--went well, which is always a bonus. Having said all that, it's good to be back. The heat and humidity and rain started to wear, and Gretchen in particular was starting to have sensory overload from all the crowds, sounds, smells, sights, etc. In any event, I'm sure we'll have more stories and pictures shortly...