Monday, October 04, 2004

I've come full circle

When I first moved to Washington, I was totally obsessed with watching every political talk show possible. I couldn't get enough of it. Then, after working in Washington for a few years, I concluded that I could no longer stand to watch any more political talk shows because I had enough of it in my every day life at work. Not to mention that most of the Sunday morning shows were on while we went to church. But now, here I am in Basel. I crave any English-speaking TV I can get (which isn't much). Other than the news, that means I ocassionally watch Real World and other smutty MTV shows. I am happy to report that last night I discovered that CNN has "Late Edition with Wolf Blitzer" on live on Sunday evenings, and on CNBC Europe I can watch both the "McLaughlin Group" and "Meet the Press". I never thought I'd be so happy to hear John McLaughlin's voice. I guess I just can't get American politics totally out of my system.