Thursday, November 11, 2004

It's good to be pampered

I'm not saying he's a metrosexual or anything (thankfully), but I am proud of Kirk for visiting the spa with me during our stay at the Datai. We splurged (that seemed to be the theme of the vacation) and indulged in what they called the Datai Dreams package. It included a foot polish (modified pedicure), a lavender body scrub, a steam bath, and a 50 minute Balinese massage, all in the privacy of our own little open-air spa house surrounded by the rain forest and a babbling brook (we even spotted a few monkeys on the walk into the spa). I'll let Kirk speak for himself, but I enjoyed it, and I even kept my promise to Kirk not to talk to him during the massage. For any of you who know me, you know how hard it is for me to keep my mouth shut sometimes, even in settings where we're supposed to be relaxing, not talking.

This was our spa house: