Monday, January 17, 2005

Wellness

Seeing as how I came down with a cold while in Zermatt this weekend, maybe I could have used a dose of what the Swiss call "wellness". This is the verbatim description given by our hotel (which was excellent, by the way) of their wellness facility. (And yes, I realise I have no business poking fun at someone else's ability to translate something into English when I can barely speak a word of German, but I won't let that stop me):
Wellness

Would you really like to relax after a hard day. Between 4'00 p.m. and 9'00 p.m. you can use the wellness on the 4th floor. You will find there a sauna, a steam bath, whirlpool, adventure shower, feet bath and chairs for relaxing. The wellness is in your arrangement included. Not included is the wellness for special arrangements. Please ask at the desk. It is absolutely forbidden entering to the wellness area with shoes. Also please take note that all the wellness area is a naked area.

We never did make it upstairs to find out what an adventure shower is...