Monday, April 18, 2005

Der Hund

In just over 2 hours I can finally go to the Hundpension and pick up Grady. That's a good thing because I miss my puppy! The only bad thing about coming back to Basel on Saturday night was that I had to spend a whole Sunday at home without my dog. That may sound strange to some of you, but if you have a dog, you know what I mean. Despite all his neuroses (he has many), he is a good companion for me, especially with Kirk working such long hours. His kennel, like everything else in Switzerland is closed on Sundays, which is very frustrating at times. During the week they close between 11:00 and 2:00 for lunch (again, standard Swiss practice), and since I had my German lesson this morning I have to wait until 2:00 to drive out to Mumpf. I'm hoping I won't discover a bloody tail when I arrive...