Saturday, April 23, 2005

I'm addicted

I learned yesterday on CNN that, according to a recent survey, 62% of UK residents are addicted to checking their email messages. I think the story was referring to people who actually have jobs, and how distracting and unproductive it can be for employees to be checking their email throughout the day, but regardless, I feel like I could definitely be included in that 62% (except for the fact that I'm not a resident of the UK). Our Internet service was down yesterday, and it was only then that I realized how obsessed I am with having access to the Internet. It's not that I'm sitting at the computer all day, but when I'm home I check email quite frequently. It's a good thing yesterday was actually a beautiful, sunny day otherwise not being able to be online would have made me really crabby!