Wednesday, April 20, 2005

What's Grady trying to tell me?

I picked up an interesting flyer today off the bulletin board that hangs outside Centrepoint, the place downtown where I occasionally volunteer. Who know that there were courses in "dog body language"? For 180 CHF (about $160 USD), I could attend two evening classes in May (in English!) called "Workshop Dog Body-Language". The flyer lists the following as reasons to take the class:

1. To understand better the body language of our dogs
2. To avoid problematic situations
3. To make easier the education of the dog
4. To intensify the relationship human being-dog

I realize that, in the opinion of some people, I often treat Grady a bit too much like a person, rather than a dog. But I have to draw the line somewhere... I cannot imagine paying 180 CHF to have someone tell me what Grady is trying to tell me. I can already tell you exactly what his body language means: "When's dinner?" and "Why can't I eat another dinner?"