Wednesday, June 08, 2005

My new resolution

Tomorrow my friend Marlis and I are going on an excursion to the mountains. We are going to drive out to Rigi and do some hiking. Rigi is one of the very popular (and touristy) mountain areas, and it's only just over an hour drive from Basel (plus a 30 minute ride up the mountain on a cog wheel train). Yet I've never been there. I have recently resolved to start doing more day-trips and excursions. It's so easy to get caught up in my daily routine (believe it or not, I do have one, even without having a job). I go to German class, I go to the gym, I walk Grady, I do the shopping, I cook dinner, I am a hausfrau extraordinaire, blah blah blah... and all of a sudden we're only here another 8 months and I feel like I am going to kick myself a year from now when I think about how I should have spent more time getting out there to explore. It's not like I just sit at home all day-- in fact I've never done that -- but the truth is that there are endless opportunities at my fingertips and I'm not taking advantage of even half of them.