Thursday, August 25, 2005

When will I learn

How many times do I need to get caught up in the rain in Basel before I learn that the weather changes here at the drop of a hat? It's becoming a real problem with me. We're having dinner tonight with some new friends who just moved here from NYC, so I thought it would be nice to bring them some flowers for their new apartment. I took a walk this afternoon to the nearby Blumen selber pflucken flower field to pick some beautiful gladiolas (at only 1 CHF a piece!), and while cutting them down the clouds opened up. The sky didn't look so bad, so I thought it would just be a passing shower, but it wasn't. I got totally soaked, all the way through my clothes. At least I had a hooded sweatshirt on so I could keep my head dry. I wonder how many people drove passed me as I walked home wondering who would be crazy enough to be out picking gladiolas in weather like this...