Tuesday, August 23, 2005

One step at a time...

Perhaps everyone is sick of hearing about Grady and his recovery from elbow surgery. But regardless, I have to share the valuable lesson I just learned when I tried to walk him all the way around the block. The lesson is that he's not ready to walk all the way around the block yet! He taught me this by lying down on the sidewalk, and then rolling around on his back, and then lounging on his side, for a total of about 5 minutes. We were less then a 2 minute walk from our house at that point, but I guess he didn't care. He had had enough of this walking business. So I just stood there for about 5 minutes as he took a break, and I'm sure all our nosy neighbors were staring out the windows wondering what that crazy American woman was doing with her sick dog. Thanks Grady. Point well taken. From now on I'll stick to walking you just down the street and back. No more around the block walks until your elbow is healed.