Friday, September 30, 2005

Meeting the Macs

Grady and I are back from our day of adventures in the greater Zurich area. His vet appointment went well, and Grady got lots of treats from the cookie jar. The vet was not surprised to see that Grady is still limping, and suspects that he will always have a bit of a limp and will need to be on medication for the rest of his life. UGH. Why didn't I sign up for pet insurance??

Afterward, we drove to a quaint little Dorf (village) not far from Zurich to visit with Ms. Mac! After reading each other's blogs for a year now, it was about time that we met in person. What a special treat to meet her 3 boys as well. I think each one of them asked me separately something like "Are you one of Mom's blogging friends?" Once when I responded "Yes, how did you know?", I was told (by James, I think) "Because you don't sound Swiss". Well, that's for sure. I asked the boys if they could guess where I was from, and then, what they thought of my American accent, sweet little Ewan said "It sounds like you're drunk on helium!" Oh, how precious!! Why is it that we always think the other person's way of speaking English is much better than our own? Scottish and Australian, what a great mix you have in the Mac household!

So we had a fun visit, a good Swiss lunch, and I came home with a new friend, lots of trashy American and Australian magazines, and two highly anticipated TV shows on DVD: Lost and Six Feet Under. I see a couch potato weekend in my future...