Wednesday, November 30, 2005

My turn

Now that I've confirmed that Gretchen made it safely halfway around the world to Melbourne (where she tells me the weather is gorgeous), it's my turn to get ready. I need to leave the house in 12 hours and I haven't started packing yet...yep, right on schedule! The last thing I should do is gripe about anything because no one will have sympathy (I wouldn't either), but I'm going to anyway: I'm DREADING the flight there. It's a bit of a conundrum: I love to travel, but I kinda hate traveling (if that makes any sense). I'm not actually afraid of flying, per se, but without getting into details I have issues with Angst that have more to do with feeling trapped for long periods of time than with the actual flying itself. And let me tell ya, a 12-hour flight is NOT the place to be when the Angst kicks in (let alone back-to-back 12-hour flights to get to Australia). But hey, that's what sedatives are for! So, off to Sydney via Bangkok in the morning, and now I'd better go pack my bags...