Friday, February 24, 2006

Countdown...

It will be a wonder if I get any sleep over the next week. Why? Because of all the excitement that is building. Not because of Fasnacht, although that certainly should be exciting. No, I'm talking about the excitement of my first time going curling next week. Let's just say that wasn't exactly a major pastime growing up in Southern California, but since I work with a die-hard Canadian curler (eh), it was just a matter of time before I got the chance to see if I can throw the rock with the best of them. If you've missed the curling in this year's Olympics, well, that's a pity because it has been non-stop, rock-em sock-em action. (Given my discomfort on ice, I asked if it was possible to wear golf shoes but was told this is generally frowned upon...so instead I'm going to have to try to drink enough beer that it won't hurt so bad when I fall...)