Friday, March 31, 2006

The tights: The final chapter

Goodbye, my good friend (aka "the tights from hell"). After delicately hand-washing you yesterday, I was not sad at all to pack you away in your little box this morning in hopes of never seeing you again. Granted, you protected my legs from blood clots on two recent trips, and successfully traveled with me to both Wisconsin and Thailand, but two journeys with you was more than enough for me. You were an especially difficult travel companion this past Sunday when we had to sit together on a plane for 12 hours on the way back from Phuket. You made my legs feel like sausages and that poor little baby in my tummy could hardly breathe. I don't think I felt her move the entire day! I hope you weren't too offended when I ripped you off (or peeled you off) my aching legs as soon as I entered the Zurich airport Sunday night. May you never be prescribed to me again!