Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Doritos for breakfast?

Yesterday, while strolling through Amsterdam, I bought a bag of Doritos at a neighborhood convenience story. I also bought a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup at the American book store. These are two of my favorite decadent American treats that you could never find in Switzerland. I love discovering different American products in the stores while traveling in other cities. To be honest, I really never bought Doritos or Reeses when I lived in the US, but now these purchases made my day. I also bought a couple trashy American magazines (People and US)... just because I could! What is it about finding products from home that is so exciting?

Upon arrival in Amsterdam earlier this week, I stocked up on a few snacks to keep in the hotel room, knowing there would be times that I wouldn't be able to get out even if I was hungry because Baby would be sleeping, etc. Take this morning, for example. She has been napping for a couple hours now after initially waking up at 7:15. Not that I'm complaining. Thankfully I had a banana, and some cashews, and some grapes for an early breakfast. But now I'm hungry again. I ready to move on from the healthy snacks to the Doritos. They're just so tempting. Who cares that it's only 10:00 am? I'm getting desperate...