Wednesday, October 25, 2006

My life, post-baby

Here's a warning to all potential parents out there: Your life will change dramatically if you have a baby!

Here we are in Rome. The weather is beautiful. There are spectacular sights everywhere, and we're surrounded by fabulous restaurants.

Last night, after Kirk had a pre-dinner meeting with some work colleagues, we took a short walk with Baby in the Bjorn, discussing our dinner options. I've been working really hard to establish a bedtime routine and an earlier bedtime (for Baby, not for me) and so we ultimately decided to just go back to the hotel and get her ready for bed.

A beautiful evening in Rome. We ordered room service. We sat in a dimly lit hotel room eating dinner (which wasn't even very good!) with conversations no louder than a whisper. This is our life now!

When we travel, I usually like to get an early start to the day. Morning tends to be my favorite time of the day, especially when exploring a new city. It's now 11:15 am, and Baby is taking a much needed nap, so we're still inside. I'm sitting at the computer in a dimly lit hotel room in Rome waiting for her to wake. Did I mention that it's currently 72 degrees outside with bright blue sunny skies?

As you can see, I'm still adjusting to my new life as a parent. I am no longer the boss.