Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Randomness

Not much time for blogging these days, but three completely random lunchtime thoughts:

(1) In addition to my mid-life acne crisis, today I have a very twitchy eyeball.

(2) Oh, how life changes. THEN: looking at the blog from this time last year, we were traveling to Rome, Paris, Madrid, Wengen and Amsterdam, and just generally trying to maximise our pre-baby lives. NOW: Fast forward to last night, when I found myself doing a "pear dance" and generally acting like a giddy high-school cheerleader to try to get Baby to eat her pureed pears (which she did, by the way).

(3) One of the things that sometimes gets on our nerves is how cranky people are here. It's especially noticeable on the trams, where you get on and look around and everyone is either staring blankly at you or scowling. I'm hardly the stereotypical chipper American, but even I sometimes just want to say to everyone "would it kill you to smile just a little bit?" after absorbing the negative energy on the trams. Well evidently we're not alone--Gretchen came across an article the other day announcing that the local tram company is embarking on a campaign to try to get people to smile more on the trams. It's one thing to ask people to keep the trams clean (which they do)--asking them to smile may just be a step too far. But Godspeed, I say...