Sunday, March 11, 2007

Symmetry

Just over three years ago, in my first week here I was already boarding a plane for my first business trip (ah, the delights of Warsaw in February...). Now during my last week of work here, I'll be packing my bags for one final work trip, this time to Noordwijk aan Zee, Netherlands. It's on the beach in the midst of the tulip fields, but early March unfortunately isn't the best time for either. Since I should have a few free hours one afternoon I was hoping to have time for a quick trip into my most-visited city (not to mention one of my favorite cities anywhere), Amsterdam, but it's farther away than expected so I'm hoping instead to visit nearby Leiden. My most important mission won't be sightseeing, but rather to stock up on colorful Euro-style baby clothes at one of our favorite stores in the whole wide world, HEMA...