Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Greetings from the land of cheese

One of the great things about being a stay-at-home Mom is that I don't have to worry about asking my boss for vacation time. I'm trying to take advantage of this phase of my life by doing some traveling with Baby. As much as I don't like to be away from Kirk, and as much as I don't like to have Baby away from her Daddy, I realize that I may not always have the opportunity to fly off to my beloved home state of Wisconsin whenever I want. So here we are. We spent the past weekend at my sister's house outside of Milwaukee, and now we're in Madison. I absolutely love coming back to Madison. It'll always be my home. It's still a little weird coming "home" and staying with friends now that my parents aren't alive, especially when I visit neighbors who live across the street from my parents' old house, but it seems to get easier and feel more normal every time.

The best thing for Baby is having lots of new friends to play with. She absolutely adores her 3 cousins. Actually, she isn't so sure how she feels about Connor, the 14-year old, but she can't get enough of Natalie and Bennett. Thankfully, she's being a good sport about being carted around all week as I visit with various friends and neighbors. It helps if they have dogs or kids to play with!

Meanwhile, as I'm enjoying cheese curds, custard, and morning buns in Wisconsin, Kirk is on a work trip in Cleveland. Remember all those amazing destinations he was sent to for business during our time in Basel? Those days are obviously over. Somehow I'm thinking Cleveland just doesn't compare...