Friday, February 08, 2008

Life lessons

I learned an important lesson this morning: Don't let your 19-month old daughter play with anything fragile if it's of any value to you. This is what happened to my cute little "Gretchen" mug that I bought somewhere in Germany (I can't even remember where, but I'm sure Kirk will remind me). What was I thinking?



She asks to play with it several times a day. It sits atop our desk next to the bobblehead Padre, the Buddha, and Tony Gwynn (all pictured below).



She likes to carry all 4 of them around at a time, and sometimes pretends to give the Padre and Tony a drink out of the tiny mug. Everytime I hand it to her I think to myself: why are you giving a toddler something with sentimental value that is breakable? But then I give it to her anyway (becuase I'm a sucker), and this morning she dropped it on the hardwood floor and it broke into 3 pieces. Thankfully, the other three desktop characters are not breakable so she can continue to play with them.

Time to find some superglue.