Friday, April 11, 2008

Images

I actually spent most of my time in London working (no great surprise there--it's what I was being paid to do, after all--but it's always nice to think you're going to have more free time than you actually get), so I didn't see and do very much. But I did manage to get out for a walk from my hotel to try to shake off jet lag the day I arrived, and couldn't resist taking a photo at Horse Guards:



One of my goals was to have some good Indian food, so despite having an upset stomach for much of the time there, I threw caution to the wind and had a yummy meal at Masala Zone in Soho. This pretty much captures that evening: aloo tikki chaat, chicken tikka masala with rice, a cold beer, naan (just out of the picture)...and, sadly, work reading:



Since the weather was quite nice--a bit cool, but sunny--I managed to take a quick break from my meetings to snap a quick shot of the Tower Bridge over the Thames, which was right next to where we were meeting.