Saturday, July 26, 2008

Are they really that great?

Since I was getting my hair cut this morning near the local Apple store, I figured I'd stop by and see if I could get a replacement AC adapter for our iPod speaker docking station (our previous one was spectacularly blown out in a thunderstorm last month). As I was walking past the store, I noticed a bunch of people in front at 10:30am and thought they couldn't possibly be in line, could they? Yes indeed, it turns out the new iPhone is so popular, and the supply so limited, that every morning there's a line of folks trying to get one. Thankfully I didn't have to wait in line just to enter the store (alas, they didn't have what I was looking for), but it's still a little hard to believe. The economy may be going in the tank in a lot of ways, but it looks like plenty of folks still have discretionary income to spare...