Wednesday, January 14, 2009

One lucky dude

Tuesday morning I went into work late because I had to take down all of our blinds since guys were coming to install new windows. (As far as we know, our old ones were the original ones from the 1940s...several of them couldn't be opened because they were painted shut, cold air leaked in, raising and lowering screens and storm windows was perilous, etc.) As I finished up and was getting dressed for work, I looked out the window and saw this:


If it's not apparent, it's Gretchen scraping frost off my windows and turning on the heat in the car so I wouldn't have to. Evidently making my breakfast and lunch wasn't enough. And yes, I absolutely realize just how lucky I am--although, for the record, I certainly never asked if she would do this for me. It's just typical of the kind of nice things that she does all the time, not just for me, but for friends and neighbors too.

Oh, and the new windows are great, other than not having blinds installed so our neighbors may be getting quite a show every time we change clothes.