Thursday, March 26, 2009

Time goes by

Today marks the 2 year anniversary of our departure from Basel.

I wonder how many more years I will mark this anniversary. I wonder if we will ever NOT miss our life in Basel. Don't get me wrong, we're enjoying our life here, we're not living in the past, and we have (finally) settled in well. But Kirk and I do still get nostalgic for our expat life, especially for the travel we did and for the friends we made. And when I think about relaxed Swiss Sundays (who thought I'd ever miss that?!), or skiing in the Alps, or taking public transportation everywhere, or visiting neighborhood farms, or eating yummy Swiss bread... We still have conversations about "what if we moved back..." (although that's not very realistic, nor is it necessarily truly what I want to do).

If nothing else, we will have a lifetime of memories.