Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Our friend Lee offers this commentary on the chicken with corn flake crust: "Hey guys- I need to point out to you guys that one of my most favorite dishes of all time sounds very similar to chicken leg in a corn flake crust. When Planet Hollywood opened in DC over a decade ago I made it my business to go there all the time. It seemed like a hot spot at the time but now is more of a humiliating memory. Anyway, the best thing on the menu there was Captain Crunch Fried Chicken. I even have the recipe in case you want to try it. You crush equal parts cornmeal and Captain Crunch together with a little buttermilk and then bread the chicken. Fry it and serve with a sauce that is equal parts brown mustard and mayonnaise. A simple delicacy to recall the heydey of Hollywood - when supermodels ruled the world."