Friday, April 23, 2004

Greetings from Wisconsin! I arrived here on Wednesday night after a long, but stress-free, day of travel. Even though I miss my boys in Basel, I am very happy to be here with my Mom. She is showing true signs of improvement after 5 tough weeks of radiation. We went out to a Chinese restaurant for lunch today and never before have I seen anyone get so excited about sweet and sour chicken. You know the kind with lots of sweet-looking red sauce poured over the top of fried chicken pieces... If any of you have known someone who has gone through radiation, you will know that the treatments totally zap your appetite and your energy, not to mention your digestive system (literally), so eating a plate of cheap Chinese food was a true accomplishment for my Mom! As for myself, I am enjoying shopping at TJ Maxx and watching Matt and Katie in the morning.