Friday, June 04, 2004

New York, New York

I've got a couple of long weeks of travel coming up--I have to go to New York late next week for a couple of meetings, followed by a week of meetings in exciting Ottawa, Canada. I'm really looking forward to getting back to NYC not only to hopefully get caught up with a few friends and fill up on Indian and Thai food, but also to finally meet my new nephew Lemuel and, as an added bonus, see the tied-for-first-place San Diego Padres play against the evil New York Yankees. The only bummer--other than a week in Ottawa (which is actually a beautiful and liveable and pleasant city but not exactly the most thrilling place to spend a week)--is that I probably won't be able to see Gretchen, although it will be a treat to have a one-hour time difference instead of seven hours so we can talk more regularly.