Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Maybe this is Part 4

I think I'm one of about eight people in the major industrialised nations who hasn't yet seen any of the Lord of the Rings movies, and since I'm not likely to see them once Gretchen gets back into town, I thought I would rent the first part of the trilogy this weekend and see if I like it. There's a service here similar to Netflix back home where you can order DVDs online and have them sent to your house, so I did a search on Lord of the Rings. All three parts of the trilogy came up, as did a film from 1978...and then one called Lord of the G-Strings: The Femaleship of the Strings. Is that part of the series that I didn't know about? The synopsis sounds fantastic: "A diminutive and seductive Throbbit has been entrusted with the task of destroying the all-powerful G-String that can grant its possessor untold powers." And best of all, it's rated G (for G-String, no doubt)! I guess I just missed this one in the theaters...