Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Reality TV extravaganza

It's a rainy day, and I feel like I'm still fighting off the remnants of my pink eye/double ear infection illness of a few weeks ago, so I figured it was a good day to lounge on the couch a bit and perhaps even take a nap. I picked up the remote and did my usual flip through all the stations, knowing there's nothing for me to watch other than CNN or MTV. I can only watch the German broadcast of the Olympics for so long. Imagine my delight when I discovered that MTV has added two new (or should I say old) reality shows from the US to their daytime lineup. First, an episode of Real World Hawaii. You remember that season-- in this episode Amaya is trying to get over Colin by dating a keyboarder in a local band and Ruthie has just returned from her month away from the show at rehab. Then, an episode of Surf Girls. For some reason, that show never got much attention, but I love it. I bet most people don't know that I have a secret desire to be a surf girl. Too bad I grew up in Wisconsin and am sort of afraid of oceans. By the way, I did take a nap which ended when someone across the street starting working with a chain saw. Now I'm cleaning and organizing closets. Isn't life in Switzerland exciting?