Monday, September 27, 2004

Another hurricane?

Fortunately the latest hurricane is not hitting the Florida panhandle, but nonetheless I cannot believe the devastation that state and its residents are facing. I've had lots of people ask about the latest on our condo in Perdido Key, and I really appreciate all the concern. We still don't have any specific details about the damage to our unit, but the good news is that we've seen photos to confirm that the structure is still standing. The big question now is how bad was the flooding and/or storm surge damage (it was a first floor unit). The Pensacola News-Journal has provided great coverage of the hurricane recovery. They established electronic bulletin boards for each community and that's how my sister and I are getting most of our information. People have been so kind to help others by providing information to those of us who don't live in the area and who aren't able to get there. My sister and her family had been planning to go down in October for vacation. Obviously, if they're still able to go, it will be much more of a hurricane clean-up trip.