Thursday, October 14, 2004

Doing something useful

Yesterday I dropped off my membership form and had my volunteer training at Centrepoint. Centrepoint is an international organization for expats living in Basel. Their office downtown serves as a resource for people looking for information about living in Basel and helps to get expats connected with other expats. It houses a small English library, and has English DVDs/videos for rent. They also plan social events and language lessons for their members. Starting in November (after our upcoming travels) I plan to volunteer at the office a couple times a month. Kirk has often reminded me that I may not be able to live this fantasy life forever and that someday perhaps I will have to return to the workplace (oh, the horror!) so I guess it might not be a bad idea for me to find some "useful" things to do with my time. (other than being a hausfrau, that is...)