Thursday, November 11, 2004

The Bachelorette, auf Deutsch

You're not going to believe this, but I discovered a German version of the American reality TV show The Bachelorette last night. I saw it advertised in one of the free daily papers here in Basel, so I thought I should check it out. It's no secret that I was a big Bachelor/Bachelorette fan back in the States, and now it looks like I can watch it here as well! The crazy thing is how strikingly similar it is to the American show. The music, the set, the host... it's eerie how much it's like the one at home. The one big difference is that a lot of the German dudes were wearing really ugly clothes. Some of them looked like they stepped right out of Miami Vice with their white suits and low cut black t-shirts. From what I could tell, last night was the first show in the series and she (Monica) eliminated 10 or the 25 men in the rose ceremony. I wonder if my German teacher would consider watching "Die Bachelorette" for the next several weeks as extra credit homework.