Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Sex and the City

Could somebody please tell my how (or why) I survived without HBO for all these years? I'm now totally hooked on Sex and the City. I borrowed the series DVDs from a friend here in Basel and I literally have to tell myself that I cannot watch more than 2 episodes a day. (By the way, they actually show it here on German and/or Swiss TV, but I prefer to watch it in English and skip the challenge of translation.) Kirk doesn't seem to get it... I guess it's a chick thing. He'll be sitting at the computer and I'll be watching an episode and he'll hear some strange comment, or noise, coming from the TV (as you often hear during the show) and he'll ask "What are you watching??" As if he needs to ask. I'm a bit concerned because my friend only has seasons 1-4, and I'm already about halfway through season 4 (Carrie just got back together with Aidan). Does this mean I need to buy season 5 and 6 when I'm back in the states? Perhaps it would be a good stocking stuffer from Santa...