Tuesday, December 07, 2004

A very quiet house

Anyone who is a dog owner will understand what I mean when I say it is eerily quiet whenever your dog is not home. I took Grady to his kennel in Mumpf this afternoon because I'm leaving for DC in the morning. Kirk is already on his way there (after delaying his flight by a day because of lingering effects of his nasty stomach flu). Now I'm just waiting for our visitors to get back from their adventure on the Glacier Express (they also leave for DC tomorrow morning, but on a different flight). With Grady gone, I have to admit I enjoy being able to eat a snack on the couch without having a dog jump on top of me begging, but nonetheless I always miss him and his quirky ways and loud barking when he's not here. I have really been looking forward to this trip to DC, and now I can finally can get excited about seeing friends and going shopping at a normal mall and eating good food that I can't get here, (I've been craving a cheeseburger from Five Guys), and drinking a really cold Diet Coke. Those are the things I miss!